COMMERCIALISING A LOCAL AUTHORITY’S TRADED SERVICES
MCP2 were engaged to support the Shadow Board of a Local Authority Trading Company and to mentor the new Managing Director with a view to transferring the Council’s traded cleaning, catering and professional services to a Local Authority Trading Company.
MCP2 supported the Managing Director to:
- complete a rebrand and relaunch of services
- deveop meaningful management reports.
- embed a customer focused, commercial approach across all teams, completing a full spend review and commercial improvement plan.
- launch new products and services to introduce new income streams.
- develop and implement optimised staffing structures.
- establish an organisaitonal vision and mission to unite the teams that had been put together due to their trading activities.
- develop options for the future organisational structure.
- establishing governance, accommodation, asset transfer, support service, financial, HR, H&S, data management and risk management plans in preparation for the future as a Local Authority Trading Company.
IMPACT & OUTCOMES
The new clarity over the organisation’s performance and assurances of robust financial information and governance has enabled the Council to make an informed decision on its future at a time when budgets are under extreme pressure.
The Managing Director has since joined MCP2 and is sharing and applying the relevant commercial experience gained with her Clients.