ESTABLISHING A PROCUREMENT TEAM
A newly formed Regulator engaged MCP2 to support them in bringing their procurement function in-house. The new organisation wanted a strategic, customer-focused and responsive Procurement function.
With no fit for purpose policies or procedures in place and no record of the commercial agreements in place across the organisation, the new function was really starting from scratch.
We supported the Regulator to bring their procurement service in-house and establish a team, systems and processes as well as building relationships with key stakeholders. Support provided included:
- Recommendations for future organisational models.
- Support in drafting job descriptions and recruiting to vacancies.
- Establishing internal procurement regulations and processes.
- Procurement audit identifying all supplier contracts and creating a contract register.
- Internal communications including creating training materials and intranet content.
- Internal training and support.
- Establishing risk and savings registers.
- Creating a Contract Manual for the Procurement Team.
- Handover to permanent staff members recruited.
IMPACT & OUTCOMES
As a result we have increased compliance for our Client and established a team that delivered £2.3m of savings in its first year.
In addition, customer engagement and feedback has been overwhelmingly positive, with 92% of internal customers rating the Procurement service as good or excellent.